Kids – On site Activities
- Watch farmer Brian work the farm (i.e. feeding cows)
- Crazy golf
- Teens games room (pool table, table tennis etc.)
- Outdoor playground (includes swings, slide etc.)
Kids – Off Site Activities
- The Burren Outdoor Education Centre
- Visit local beaches i.e. Fanore (only 35 mins away) or Lahinch (only 20 mins away)
- Lahinch Seaworld
- Kayaking, Rock climbing, Archery etc
- Equesterian –
- Ted Tours (from the famous series Fr. Ted)
- Visit Fr. Teds for lunch or afternoon tea 087 9214694
Adults (Relaxation Trip)
Just sit back and enjoy the view, in the comfort of any of our houses. Relax and unwind by exploring our farm, taking a trip across the fields or simply walking along the River Fergus. Then enjoy some more me time in the steam room or sauna. Massage, reflexology or healing sessions can be booked.
Other attractions include –
A great place to start your journey through the burren (highly recommended)
- Each house has detailed folders on the Burren area and Jim Robinson’s map, which shows every road and historical site in the Burren area.
- Guided tours available of the 12th century Cathedral (where the famous high crosses are situated)
Its easy to read up on all the interesting points of the Burren, but its nothing like seeing it through a native’s eyes
Take a walk through this amazing wonder
- Ruins of Leamaneh Castle (only 2 miles away) The story of this castle and the famous Maura Rua will interest you for sure
- Cycling – E-Whizz electric bike hire & tours – Why walk when you can ride through the burren
- Visit local beaches i.e. Fanore (only 35 mins away) or Lahinch (only 20 mins away) Both beaches have blue flags- fanore is known for its sandy beach and lahinch for its huge waves, perfect for surfers who travel from all over the world. There are many surf schools,, www.benssurfclinic.com, lahinchsurfexperience.com, greenroomlahinch.com and oceanscene.com
- Golfing – Lahinch Golf Course One of leading Links golf courses in Ireland / Ennis – Doonbeg (Trump Internaytional Golf) – www.trumphotelcollection.com
- Fishing – Kilfenora is an ideal base for fishermen alike. Such places include Lickeen Lake (2 miles) for rainbow fish) Lough Lake, Lough Inciquin. Doolin (Approx 8 miles) also known for its coarse fishing.
- Boat Cruises – capability of travelling to and from the famous Aran islands-
- The Aillwee Caves – (highly recommended)
Found to be older than the pyramids in Egypt
- Caherconnell Stone Fort – only 1km from poulnabrone (definitely worth a look) Sheepdog exhibition demonstration also have a restaurant with good reasonably priced lunches and food.
- The Cliffs of Moher – The most visited cliffs in the world
- The Burren Perfumery – Ireland’s oldest working perfumery/ Also has a lovely tea room
- Doolin Caves – it has the longest free-hanging stalactite in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Vandeleur Walled Garden Centre, Kilrush
Located in St. Catherine’s church Corofin: Find out about emigration in the area and the famine: http://clareroots.com/clareemigration.htm
- Discover your own family history by visiting The Clare Heritage & Genealogy Centre
- Information Point for the Burren National Park Located at the Clare Heritage & Genealogy Centre. Free walks, talks and activities suitable for all will be organised on a regular basis. Guided walks for groups can be booked in advance.
- Take a trip back in time at the East Clare Famine Memorial Park
Therapies available local therapists available for the following:
- Reflexology – An excellent way to get your body up and running smoothly again. Reflexology works by using a system of massage, tension is relieved and illness can be treated illness, based on the principle that there are reflex points on the feet, hands, and head linked to every part of the body.
- Back massage and full body massage. Rock Massage and an Indian Head Massage – helps stimulate circulation and relieve tension in the head, neck, and shouldr areas.
- Aura Cleansing – aura cleansing supports health and well-being
- Angel Card Readings
- Physic healing
- Burren Yoga Retreat Holidays & Weekend Breaks (Yoga Retreat Weekends and Holidays all year round on west coast of Ireland)
Some Local Hotspots at night –
Kilfenora – Irish music (Trad Sessions) & dancing nightly (Every Thursday from April to October set dancing classes available)
- Cooley’s House
- The Spinacker
- The Shamrock
- The Nineteenth Bar
- Flannigan’s Pub
- Danny Macs
- The Claremont (Nightclub)
- Mc Gann’s Pub
- Hotel Doolin
- Mc Dermott’s bar
- O’ Connors Pub
Some other great websites to help you get excited about your visit